as i mentioned earlier today, i'm going to try and to participate in and liveblog apartment therapy's annual january cure this year!
it's day one and the assignment is this: make a list of projects. more specifically, set aside an hour or so to do a walkthrough of your home and make notes on any trouble spots as you move through each room.
it's quite an extensive list - and that's with leaving out all the renovations we want to do eventually, as that's a whole other can of worms. i even took and included unflattering photos of most of the rooms as they are now, without doing any picking up. here goes..!
The Living Room.
- take down christmas stockings
- iron the curtains
- deal with bowl of halloween candy
- fix the door hinge nightmare
- put up the last curtain rod and curtains
- replace the ugly college floor lamp
- find a home for my laptop
- find a home for "cotton spool" piece
- organize the tv console
- put up the memory/shadow box
- organize the bookshelf
- hang/install the security camera
The Dining Room.
- take down the christmas tree and cards
- write thank-you notes for our southern reception
- iron the curtains
- wine storage solution
- remove un-connected thermostat
- re-organize the medicine drawer
- clear out leftovers from the refrigerator
- clear out unnecessary items from the island and counter
- find a place for the metal crate on top of the bookshelf
- put up the utility gripper
- re-organize the coffee and tea cart
- create a better feeding station for sanford
- create a more eye-pleasing dog gate solution
- adjust the closet pole so that the doors can close
- actually organize the closet
- paint the attic entry
- paint the walls so we can figure out what color(s) we eventually want to paint the house when we've replaced all the walls
- find a home for all the hanging bags
- find a home for all the stick-like things in the corner
The Guest Bedroom.
- sort and put away bedding
- frame remaining artwork
- put up remaining artwork
- go through still-packed boxes and find homes for things
- check if wemo (remotely controllable light switch) is installable
- re-organize and better utilize the mostly-empty closet
The Master Bedroom.
- get real nightstands!
- find solution for james's clothing
- hat solution to make room on james's dresser
- organization solution for my dresser
- get rid of "the sock pile"
- paint a wall! (our house is sooo so so so white)
- organize the closet
- replace tower fan with a smaller table-top fan
The Master Bathroom.
- fix leaky faucet
- reorganize the toiletries
- get (or make) a real ironing board cover
- go through still-packed boxes (lots of them)
- find homes for things
- Clean. Clean. Clean. ShopVac the heck out of the place.
- Organize all the clutter
- Get a functioning workshop going
- Assemble and install second shelving unit
The Exterior and Yard.
- Take down christmas lights
- Put mulch down in the front garden
- Trim back trees and hedges
- Clean up old lumber stacked in "carport"
- Put up remaining critter barrier on the attic gables
- Powerwash all the surrounding concrete areas like the porch